I have been an IELTS examiner in Shanghai, and in my career have taught students from all over the world. Many students find it difficult to get a good score on the IELTS writing paper. With all my experience, I know how to help you.
As well as being an IELTS examiner, I graduated from Oxford University in the UK, and have been involved in English language education – especially IELTS – for many years. I have taught in London, owned my own college, and taught at Manchester University.
Until recently I was the Academic Director of 3 High School projects in China. The students wanted to study at good universities in English speaking countries – so we had to make sure they got good IELTS scores!
I was awarded a prize by the Shanghai Government Education Department as Outstanding Teacher in an International Programme.
I have also been a consultant for Cambridge English (joint owners of the IELTS exam) in China.
In my career I have helped many students to achieve IELTS success and go to the university of their choice, or satisfy the language requirements for working in the UK – I think that the strategies I have developed for approaching the IELTS Writing exam can help any student to improve their score. If you enrol in the course, I hope you will agree.
The IELTS Writing Course
All my experience and knowledge has been used to make the IELTS Writing course as effective as possible.
My work experience is summarised below:
Roles in China include:
- IELTS Examiner: British Council Shanghai
- Jiao Tong University Education Trust: Shanghai, China. Academic Director International Department
- Ningbo Binhai International Cooperation School, Ningbo, China: Academic Director, International Department
- Linhai Foreign Languages High School, Linhai, China: Academic Director, International Department
- Cambridge English (China): Consultant
Professional qualifications / awards include:
- Cambridge CELTA Grade A
- Cambridge DELTA Module 1
- Cambridge DELTA Module 2
- Shanghai Educations Department: Prize for Outstanding Teacher in International Programme.
Academic qualifications include:
- Oxford University: BA and MA degrees
- Westminster University: Post-graduate Diploma in Law