I graduated from Oxford University in the UK, and have been involved in English language education for 30 years.
Currently I am the Academic Director of 3 High School projects in China for students who with to study at good universities in English speaking countries.
I am also a consultant for Cambridge English (joint owners of the IELTS exam) in China.
Before China I worked with students from all over the world – especially from the Arab world, China and Japan – both at universities such as Manchester University, and at my own college in London.
During these years I have helped thousands of students to achieve IELTS success and go to the university of their choice.
Many of these students have needed particular help to achieve the best possible mark in IELTS writing. This need has led me to develop the IELTS Writing course.
All my experience and knowledge has been used to make the IELTS Writing course the most effective that is available.
My work experience is summarised below:
Current roles in China include:
- Jiao Tong Nan Yang High School, Shanghai, China: Academic Director International Department
- Ningbo Binhai International Cooperation School, Ningbo, China: Academic Director, International Department
- Linhai Foreign Languages High School, Linhai, China: Academic Director, International Department
- Jixian Middle School, Shantou, China: Academic Director, International Department
- Cambridge English (China): Consultant
Previous work includes:
- Manchester University Language Centre: Lecturer
- ELT School of English (London): Principal
- Consultant for language education and course design
Professional qualifications include:
- Cambridge CELTA Grade A
- Cambridge DELTA Module 1
- Cambridge DELTA Module 2
Academic qualifications include:
- Oxford University: BA and MA degrees
- Westminster University: Post-graduate Diploma in Law