Look at the question from part 2 of the speaking test:
Describe an important choice you had to make in your life.
You should say:
- when you had to make this choice
- what you had to choose between
- whether you made a good choice
and explain how you felt when you were making this choice.
Remember: you have to talk for about 2 minutes and you have 1 minute to prepare.
Technique: choose a topic where you can tell a story – this makes it easy to talk – (eg job / going to study abroad)
Note: basic points to answer the questions
I am going to talk about
- changing my job – lawyer or tacher!
- when I was about 24
- felt relaxed at the time – because I was young and confident!
- no regrets about it – a good choice
My general story is true – it makes it easier for me to use details.
Listen to my example:
You might find these phrases useful:
- It is difficult to choose…
- I do remember..
- I had to choose between — and —
- Looking back..
- All I can say is..
- I have no regrets about it…
Practise talking for 2 minutes – do it a few times – you will get better each time!