Giving your opinion – expressing your attitiude: any topic
- I’m absolutely convinced that if you read a litle every day your reading will improve over a period of several months.
- I’m absolutely convinced that everybody can learn to speak a second language fluently.
aMeaning / synonyms:
- Meaning is easy – “I strongly believe..”
- “I strongly believe that..” “I am completely convinced that..”
Use / Pattern:
- Speaking / writing: followed by clause – make sure your clause is correct.
- “I’m absolutely convinced that people who learn English in a country where it is spoken can learn faster.”
- Note the nouns in bold: they are followed by a relative clause.
- The main verb in the clause is can learn.
- This is an important and useful pattern.
- “I’m absolutely convinced that advertising does not have the power to make people buy things they do not want to buy. Advertising shows people the products that are available, and, in fact, many companies are unsuccessful despite spending a lot of money on advertising. One example of this is the British car industry…
- Note structure: topic – expand – example
(1) Make a sentence using the phrase and a releative clause to give your opinion.
- people – get married young
- students – never study
(2) Make your own example.