Read the sentences below. Each sentence contains a collocation from Units 1 and 2 (pages 3 and 5) of Language Building Volume 1.
If you have not got the book and want to know more click here.
There are 3 mistakes in the 5 sentences. If you are comfortable with the language in the texts you should be able to find them easily.
Check your answers by looking at the book.
(1) It is important to develop policies for alleviate the most severe consequences of the economic recession.
(2) Margaret Thatcher is a former Prime Minister of Britain.
(3) The Government would like to introduce more marketing-friendly policies into the National Health Service in the UK.
(4) Regardless of ability, I believe it is possible for everyone to learn to speak a second language fluently.
(5) If a child lacks access to education in its early years, it is all but certainly that it will fail to achieve its full potential.
Checking your answers is part of the learning process. It helps you to remember. If you cannot find the errors after looking in the book you can email me and I will reply.