(1) IELTS Speaking paper: Part 1 question.
(1) Do not make a speech.
(2) Do make more than one point.
(3) Do not sound as though you are reading a prepared answer.
(4) Look at the person you are speaking to!
It depends on which friends – with my friends here I usually use my mobile or text – but with friends in other countries – and some of my best friends are abroad at the moment – maybe Facebook, or email – but I NEVER make international calls!
Always reflect on the question – this is more important in part 2 and 3 – but even in part 1 the questions are often so vague that you need to clarify them before giving an answer. You could even say:
Actually, I don’t really have a “usual way” – these days I use so many different ways – mobile, landline, text, Facebook, BBS (I have a Blackberry) MSN – I just use whichever is most convenient at the time.
To do this you need to listen carefully and think about the question – it is a technique you can practise.
(3) You try.
(1) How do you usually contact your friends?
(2) Do you find it easy to keep in contact with friends and family?